The uterus constitutes an integral part of the human body. It plays a pivotal role in ensuring fertility and overall health. The major function of the uterus is to fertilize the ovum which then becomes an embryo and later a fetus.
But beware, there are several factors can hamper the proper functioning of your uterus. They are:
- Irregular/heavy periods
- Uterine fibroids
Don’t worry, we have a solution for this too. Here are a few tried and tested tips to ensure a healthy uterus and also increase your chances of fertility by experienced fertility doctors.
- Switch to a well-balanced diet: Obstetrics and Gynecology issued a report, where it was proven that eating red meat could increase your risk of developing uterine fibroids while having vegetables could decrease it to 50%.
Cruciferous Vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower which contain Indole 3 Carbinol are not only beneficial for estrogen metabolism but also assists in eliminating extra estrogen.
- Consult your doctor for supplements: Vitamins are essential for the healthy functioning of the human body. Any vitamin deficiency can have dire effects on the human body which may lead to numerous complications in the future. According to reports, the right amount of Vitamin D is important to fight uterine fibroids. Another common supplement prescribed during pregnancy is Folic Acid which is also good for fertility.
Remember, nutritional deficiency can hamper your overall uterine health. Consult experienced fertility doctors for supplements in addition to Folic Acid and Vitamin D. These may include Omega 3 Fatty Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Iron, Zinc, and Vitamin C.
- Reduce caffeine consumption: There’s no doubt about the fact that caffeine is addictive and it may be harmful in the longer run. Caffeine can also intensify uterine fibroids as it increases estrogen production.
Plan to switch to something healthier, such as green tea, etc.
- Practice an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle may increase your weight to a few more pounds and it may also affect the blood flow to your uterus. If you have a corporate job, don’t sit for long periods, take standing and walking breaks in between to ensure activeness.
Activities that reduce stress can also promote a healthy uterus
- Add exercise into your routine: It is interesting to know that any kind of physical activity has the potential to reduce the development of uterine fibroids.
But be careful, too much exercise can reduce your chances of fertility. Walking and fertility yoga promotes circulation and also makes the muscles stronger and flexible.
- Say ‘NO’ to Smoking: Smoking and alcohol abuse can cause many health issues and infertility is one among the many. Other than that, it also affects uterine receptiveness.
Smoking also ages up the ovaries and decreases overall health.
- Reduce stress: Stress if left untreated can lead to numerous bodily changes. It can result in weight gain, inflammation, irregular menstruation, etc. Practice pranayama, yoga, and meditation to control stress and also focus on sound sleep.
These are some tips that’ll surely help you keep your uterus healthy and hale. In case of serious complications, you can talk to experienced fertility doctors.