The Covid-19 pandemic is here to stay for some time, and it’s important to prioritize your health during these trying times. While everyone is restricted to the four walls of the house, this proves to be the ideal time to plan to conceive and enjoy the happiness of being a parent together.
But while planning pregnancy, what one should also keep in mind is the care that is required during pregnancy. This article provides you with some important tips that you must keep in mind while planning pregnancy and during your trimesters.
TIPS FOR A HEALTHY PREGNANCY DURING COVID-19
- Follow the Five Principles: Pregnant women are suggested
to follow the five principles to prevent themselves from contracting Covid-19.
- Stay home: Doctors suggest parents-to-be stay at home and step out only in case of urgency. Prefer telephonic consultations with doctors from the best fertility clinic in Chennai over a face-to-face appointment at the hospital.
- Keep your hands sanitized: Wash your hands with soap and water frequently and keep yourself sanitized. Proper sanitation and good hygiene are key to a healthy pregnancy.
- Replace palm with an elbow: Try to cover your mouth and nose with an elbow while coughing or sneezing instead of your palm. You can also keep tissue paper handy for such situations.
- Avoid touching your face frequently: The Covid-19 pandemic can be spread by touching, and the best way to restrict it is by avoiding touching our eyes, nose, mouth, and face with unwashed hands.
- Maintain social distancing: When at home, maintain a distance of at least 2 meters with other people inside or outside the house.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Pregnant women must keep their body and mind at peace. To keep the body and mind at peace, sleep is the key. Time and again, reports have proved that getting a good night’s sleep each day increases the immunity of our body. A good immune system can easily beat any health-related problem. Besides this, rest is also essential for the baby in your womb. So make sure you don’t sacrifice your sleep.
- Consume a balanced diet: Expectant mothers are suggested to consume a nutritious diet. The child in the womb gets the nutrients from what the mother eats. So, a balanced diet should top the list of your priority to provide proper nutrition to your child during pregnancy. A balanced diet will include all kinds of vitamins and minerals, the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Only the right diet can increase your body’s ability to fight against all diseases. Consult a doctor from thebest fertility clinic in Chennai and get a diet chart to be followed.
- Avoid negativity and keep a positive outlook in life: Times are such that having a negative attitude can be highly possible. The best way to deal with this is by refraining from watching negative news and directing all your energy towards positivity. Only if you’re positive in your mind, can you enjoy your pregnancy.
Here are a few tips that’ll come in handy during pregnancy. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!